– Dr. BiggsWe challenge you to take the first step and schedule a time to speak with our doctors. It will likely be unlike any doctor visit you have experienced in the past, and it may be the point at which your life will be changed forever.
How Chiropractic Can Help ADD/ADHD
We do not “treat” Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. However, since ADHD appears as a neurological disorder and chiropractic care helps reduce nervous system disturbances; many parents who want a natural, non-drug solution for their child have found chiropractic care helpful, even miraculous.
- Common Symptoms: The classic signs that parents and teachers notice.
- Inattention, hyperactivity and being easily distracted
- Difficulty concentrating and sitting still
- Inability to control impulsive thoughts and behaviors
- Easily distracted by noises and activities
- Always moving—fingers, hands, arms, feet or legs
First Things First
Make nutritional and lifestyle changes. Rule out environmental factors by reducing your child’s exposure to substances that are increasingly common these days:
- Remove food dyes, preservatives and additives from the diet.
- Focus on natural, organic foods grown without pesticides or herbicides.
- Determine if an allergy involved such as dairy or gluten and eliminate.
- Eliminate all sugars and artificial sweeteners.
- Reduce the use of cleaning agents, detergents, fabric softeners and other chemicals.
- Ensure a consistent and adequate sleep schedule.
- These are wise choices whether your child has the symptoms associated with ADHD or not!
Some people choose to continue with chiropractic care as a lifestyle choice much in the way that they continue to exercise, eat healthy, and brush their teeth. They know that the health of their body as a whole is tied to the health of their spine and nervous system and choose to maintain it.
Many conditions result from a poorly functioning nervous system. If this is the cause of your problem, then only chiropractic can address the root cause and allow your body to heal is it should. Below are some conditions that have been traced back to subluxations.
Stay Chiropractic Healthy
Chiropractic enables the weight bearing abilities of the spine and skeletal structure to be optimized. This is critical whether you are lifting a bag of groceries, a toddler, or a heavy barbell.
Praesent dolor quam, tincidunt in sollicitudin sit amet, volutpat sed velit. Nullam non neque ipsum.
Having your spine in a balanced and neutral position allows your body to hold itself upright with greater ease and with less resistance against gravity. This enables your muscular system to be more relaxed throughout the day. Coupled with more complete, fluid movement and efficient weight bearing, your body as a whole will enjoy a new level of efficiency.
By removing interfering factors in the nervous system, it is able to heal your body more efficiently and effectively from a cellular level.
Your body is constantly adapting to internal and external environmental factors. Your nervous system controls this adaptation. By improving nervous system function, adaptability also improves which keeps your body in a healthier state no matter what it encounters.